Succulents are easy to keep and make for a fun DIY project no matter what your skill level. So jump on the bandwagon and create your own succulent terrarium to brighten your office or home. Simply follow these steps and you'll be a pro in no time.
To make a succulent terrarium you will need:
– Small pebble rocks for drainage
– Potting soil mixture for cactus or succulents
– Sphagnum moss for filtration
– Activated charcoal for filtration
– Various succulent plants of your choice
– Moss, gravel, rocks or marbles for decorating
Making your Succulent Terrarium
1. Choose a container. Succulents can be planted in anything—from a mason jar to a glass terrarium, and even a vintage tin! Have fun picking your container to suit your decor.
2. Fill it up with your ingredients! First put in the pebbles, then charcoal, followed by the moss and soil last.
3. Plant your succulents. Get creative! Don't be afraid to experiment with different arrangements.
4. Add decorative flare. Have fun with this part. Experiment with neon hued moss and textured rocks to compliment your home or office decor.
5. Experiment. Succulents are extremely versatile so don't be afraid to try out different ferns and combinations of plants—the possibilities are endless!
Tips on Caring for Your Succulents
Don't overwater your succulents. Because these are such low maintenance plants, there really is only one thing that can harm them—too much water! A safe rule is to water once per two weeks until soil is wet to touch but not soaked.
Bright, filtered light is best. Succulents are fantastic for both indoors and out. Wherever you decide, make sure they have bright, filtered light while avoiding direct sunlight for long periods of time.
Remember, practice makes perfect. Don't be afraid to try out different types of ferns and arrangements. For more tips and ideas, stay tuned—unique decorating projects with succulents are coming soon!
Subscribe to Receive News and Updates from World of Succulents: